|The future: An artist's rendering of the planned
west wing, which would more than double the building's usable space:
2008: The Computing Resource Center is renovated with collaborative workstations, new equipment and a fresh design and renamed the iCommons.
2006: The garden and lobby are renovated. Wireless networking, power outlets and webcams are added to increase the flexibility of student collaboration.
1978: The University Board of Trustees accepts a plan to completely renovate the structure for the exclusive use of the library and information science programs. The renovation is completed in 1981 with a total cost of $2.4 million and is greatly aided by a grant of $1 million from the Pew Charitable Trusts.
1961: The Rush Building is acquired by Drexel University and the Graduate School of Library Science, as the iSchool was then known, occupies three of the five floors.
1904: Construction begins on the Hospital for the Treatment of Consumption and Related Diseases. The Hospital is named after Benjamin Rush, the famous 18th century Philadelphia physician and one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence.